When you buy or acquire property in Victoria including your home, you pay duty on your purchase. The State Revenue Office (SRO) is the Victorian Government’s major tax collection agency. The SRO is responsible for administering state legislation, collecting taxes, and providing contemporary revenue management services to our customers. Their role is to administer a range of state taxes and duties such as payroll tax, land tax, and stamp duty.
For some purchasers, they are eligible for an exemption or a concession.
- PPR (Principle Place of Residence) Duty concession;
- Pensioner Exemption or Concession;
- FHOG (First Home Owners Grant) or Concession;
- FHO with family duty exemption or Concession;
- Off- the-Plan Concession;
- Primary Production and Water Entitlements; and
- Refund of Duty (reassessment).
Click on the following link and work out the stamp duty payable on your transactions:
Pensioner stamp duty calculator:
Land Tax Calculator:
Vacant Residential land tax calculator: